As the Mud Hens near the end of another season at 5/3 Field, it is crazy to look back on Toledo's baseball history. Swayne Field was the place for many Toledo baseball franchises from 1909 to 1955. The field was located at the corner of Detroit and Monroe. It is now a shopping plaza, but one of the outfield walls still remains standing behind the plaza. The Mud Hens moved out of Toledo in 1955 (the last time Swayne Field was used before being torn down the following year) and it wasn't until 1965 when Mud Hens baseball finally returned to Toledo (actually Maumee) to Ned Skeldon Stadum. And the rest is history.
Content Goes Here